Hover Cover Microwave
37% 13 votes
63% 22 votes
Hover Cover Microwave Commercial

Hover Cover Microwave

35 Votes

Rate this product

Hover Cover Microwave

Hover Cover Microwave is a clear, transparent cover that will cover virtually any plate, dish, bowl or platter in almost any microwave. This cover will attach to the top of your microwave with four microwave-safe magnets, and when you need it, all you'll need to do is pull it down. When you use one of these covers, you'll no longer find yourself scrubbing or scraping goo, sauce or other random splatters out of your microwave after you've cooked multiple meals.

Total Cost Breakdown

The cost of Hover Cover Microwave is $14.99 plus $4.99 shipping. The special TV offer allows you to receive a second Hover Cover Microwave at the discounted price of only $4.99 for a total price of $24.97.

Price is from As Seen on TV Commercial page: hovercover.com

TV Commercial

Hover Cover Microwave Commercial

How It Works

Each cover's durable polymer-encased magnets will keep the cover securely hanging from the roof of your microwave until you need it. When you do use it, the cover's built-in steam vents will allow steam out from underneath as your dish cooks, while keeping any messy splatters in. Therefore, you'll be able to cook nearly any dish without making a mess or worrying about the sogginess that often comes from contained steam.


  • Clear and Transparent

    Each of these covers is both clear and transparent, so you'll be able to stop your microwave for a second and see how well your food is cooking without removing your cover.

  • Four Feet

    This cover, which measures 11.5 inches in diameter, also has four feet that will help it stand securely while covering larger plates, dishes and / or platters.

  • Bpa Free

    The Hover Cover Microwave Splatter Cover is also completely free of the potentially harmful chemical compound known as BPA, which is found within some plastic products.

  • Stays Cool to Touch

    This splatter cover will always stay cool to the touch, regardless of how long you've heated it for, so you won't ever burn yourself when touching it. That makes it an ideal cover for kids, especially kids who are new to microwave use, to use.

  • Non-stick Surface

    Besides staying cool, each cover's surface is of the non-stick variety, so no gooey food such as melted cheese will stubbornly cling onto it. If it's not too dirty after a single use, you'll be able to rinse or wipe it clean and any food stuck on it will slide right off.

  • Top-rack Dishwasher Safe

    When your cover needs a more extensive cleaning than a wipe or a rinse-off, you can safely put it in the dishwasher if you have one, as long as it's on the top rack.

Positive Points

  • Fits in Most Microwaves

    Since each cover is 11.5 inches in diameter, and most microwaves have a larger width than 11.5 inches, you won't have trouble fitting your cover in the majority of microwaves. That means if you want to take your cover somewhere else, such as to work or to a hotel room with a microwave available, you likely won't have any problem using it there.

  • Ideal for On-the-go Eats

    No busy person wants to spend time cleaning splatters from the walls and ceiling of their microwave after cooking a snack, so this splatter cover is ideal for people eating on the go. Any splatters will be contained underneath the cover, and if you're really pressed for time, you can grab your food and wash your cover later.


  • Lids

    A lot of microwave-safe dishes come with lids, and logically, you can use these to cover your food as you cook it. However, if you have a messy kitchen, you may find it difficult to put your hands on the right lid quickly, and besides, many flat plates don't come with lids.

  • Plastic Wrap or Paper Towel

    Some people choose to use plastic wrap or paper towel to cover food as it cooks in the microwave, but this can get stuck to the food. If this occurs, you could end up accidentally ingesting paper or plastic.

  • Upside-down Plate

    Another way to cover a dish in the microwave is to place another upside-down dish or plate over top of it, but doing this may trap steam. Trapped steam, in turn, may make the food in the bottom dish get soggy and less tasty.

Wise Advice

Do not buy Hover Cover Microwave online before searching Amazon.
- Alternatives or the same items are always available and sometimes at lower prices.

Wise Advice

Do not buy Hover Cover Microwave online before searching Amazon.
- Alternatives or the same items are always available and sometimes at lower prices.

  • Related Videos

Hover Cover Microwave Infomercial
Hover Cover Microwave Infomercial
Hover Cover Microwave Infomercial

Average Customer Rating:

Hover Cover Microwave Reputation Management

Click to View


Sort Reviews: Newest | Helpful | Highest | Lowest

Sort: Questions | Comments

Sarah Painter - (Apollo, PA)
Posted: 26 Oct 2019

Magnet Fire Ruined Microwave

After heating soup in microwave my husband opened the microwave to heat tea and there was a fire in the microwave. The magnet caught on fire and burned a hole in the top of the microwave. Ruined microwave. Very fortunate my husband was going to heat tea. Could have burned the house down.

0 of 0 people found this review helpful.

Was this review helpful to you?

Judy Daviau - (Sarasota, FL)
Posted: 20 Dec 2018

Maganet Melted on Both Covers

I bought two covers which arrived with no instructions. Each one (in two different microwaves) melted the plastic magnet covers causing a strong plastic smell. I was especially careful with the second one never leaving it attached to the top and always covering the food. It did the same thing. This is a fire hazard and should be taken off the market.

1 of 1 people found this review helpful.

Was this review helpful to you?

Gerald White - (United States, US)
Posted: 05 Dec 2018

Deputy Fire Marshall Warning!

Warning! This product is a fire hazard and is heading for a national recall and/or a class action law suit! After about 30 days of use, it caught fire in my microwave. If I had not been in the room, it could have caused a catastrophic loss. Do not use this product!

1 of 1 people found this review helpful.

Was this review helpful to you?

CINDY COOK - (Ocean City, NJ)
Posted: 22 Jan 2018


My daughter gave me one of these for christmas and on the second time using it the magnets burnt through and almost caught fire.

1 of 2 people found this review helpful.

Was this review helpful to you?

Teri Strout
Posted: 20 Mar 2018

I had the same experience. Would not recommend it.

  • Add Review, Comment, or Question

- - - - Not Required For Comments & Questions

Reviews, Comments & Questions Help Everyone
Your Opinion Counts!

TV Stuff Reviews is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Can I
Need Help? Ask Emma
Product Name:
Select:   Question  Complaint / Praise