Medical Alert is a device that summons for help when pressed. One in three seniors over the age of 65 will have an accident in their home. If youre over that age, have had accidents and falls before, and take medication that can make you drowsy and dizzy, then you are at risk. Medical Alert lets seniors stay at home by having it worn around their neck at all times, and at a press of a button, it calls for help. Help is available 24/7, people will stay on the line until help arrives, and installation is easy and can be worn outside of the house and in the shower.
The video begins asking if you live alone, if you can get up after you fall, and if your children are worried about you living alone. Medical Alert claims it can help solve these problems by summoning for help with just the push of a button. The device is worn around the neck, and with just one press it is said to summon help. An elderly lady says that she feels safe wearing Medical Alert. The product is said to be easy to install, and can be worn in the shower because its waterproof. It can also have range outside of the house.
Total Cost Breakdown
What is it?
Medical Alert is a two-device system which has been designed so that seniors living independently can get help at any time of the day or night, with the push of a button. However, its not only useful for seniors. Anyone who takes medication which may cause dizziness and drowsiness can benefit from having one, in case they fall or become disoriented while alone at home.
How does it work?
When a senior, or any user feels they may be in trouble, they can press the button located on their waterproof emergency device, which is small and can be worn around the wrist or the neck. This signal activates the two-way speakerphone, which should be plugged in with its power cord and connected to any phone line. The speakerphone puts the individual in touch with the emergency operating center, which is open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, for assistance.
How to use it:
- Plug the base unit, the speakerphone, into the wall and connect it to any phone line in your house.
- Wear the waterproof emergency button around your neck or around your wrist, depending on which option youve purchased. You can even discreetly hide it under your clothes.
- If you feel like you may be in danger, even if you suspect its only a minor emergency, push the button and an emergency operator will connect with you at any time.
- Can contact emergency help center at any time of day or night
- Connection between speakerphone and button should work anywhere within a standard-sized house
- Can hook up to any phone line
- Emergency button unit is small, waterproof, and can be worn discreetly
- Emergency personnel will remain on the line with until help (a family member, emergency services, or whomever is needed) arrives
- If personnel cant communicate with you for any reason, will immediately send police, ambulance, and fire department to your home
- As well as standard power plug-in, system comes with rechargeable battery as back-up, and plug-in phone cord
Why is the Medical Alert system a better option than a cell phone or pager?
Cell phones and pagers are often difficult for seniors to use since they arent used to them, and they have small buttons which are hard to push with arthritic hands. With Medical Alert, all they need to do is push one larger button to call for help. While a senior may forget or choose not to carry their cell phone or pager from room to room, the smaller Medical Alert emergency button is easy to transport around the neck or wrist. Plus, most cell phones and pagers are not waterproof like this device.
Many seniors prefer to stay in their own homes rather than moving into seniors facilities or other family members houses, but they and their families often worry that something will happen to them and they wont be able to get help on time. The Medical Alert system will help assuage some of this worry, since it is so quickly responsive at all times. The same worries often apply to those living independently with disabilities, regardless of age, and the Medical Alert system will serve as a good protection tool for them, too.
Average Customer Rating:0
Medical Alert Reputation Management
Click to View
Submit your review now. Good or Bad!
Add Review, Comment, or Question
Add Review, Comment, or Question